This week we are highlighting the importance of mentoring in schools. We know according to 2016 Population Lab Research on Alberta youth, 81% of mentees said mentoring helped them stay in school.
Mentoring in Schools and supports welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments, high school completion and positive mental health.
If your school is not utilizing mentoring as a strategy, or if you are looking to expand and enhance your offerings, check out our tools and resources for schools and agencies.
This week we will be highlighting the following resources:
- Jan 23 Making Positive Connections
- Jan 24 Framework for Building Mentoring Relationships
- Jan 25th Teen Mentoring Tool Kit
- Jan 26th High School Teen Mentoring Resources
- Jan 27th Career and Technology Studies Courses
- Jan 28th EDPY 465
- Jan 29th Strengths Based / ATA Mentoring Materials
METRICS OF THE WEEK
- Last week we had 820 Page views
- We had 32 new Facebook Likes – Have you liked our page?
- We had 25 new followers on Twitter – Follow us on Twitter!
MentoringMinute Podcast: https://albertamentors.ca/podcast