In this episode of the mentoring Minute we speak with four expert youth in care mentoring practitioners:
- Jenni Carrier – Big Brother Big Sisters of Calgary
- Brianna Berthaume – Youth and Volunteer Centre Red Deer
- Krista Allan – Boys and Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton
- Joey Shaughnessy – Boys and Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton
AMP, its Children and Youth in Care Mentoring Pilot Program and its agency partners also make mentorship a success. These agencies include:
- Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and Area
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area
- Red Deer Youth and Volunteer Centre
Do you know a youth or youth in care who could benefit from mentorship? Or, do you want to become a mentor? If so, contact the Alberta Mentoring Partnership for more information.
Important Topics Covered on Youth in Care:
- 1:35 – How are Youth in Care Defined?
- 1:54 – Why is Mentoring Important for Youth in Care?
- 2:09 – How Does Mentoring Help Youth in Care?
- 2:51 – What is the Length of a Youth in Care Mentoring Relationship?
- 3:26 – What Makes an Effective Youth in Care Mentor?
- 4:19 – What Sort of Individual Background Makes an Effective Youth in Care Mentor?
- 4:52 – What is the Impact of Mentoring on Young People’s Success
- 6:00 – What are Some Stories From the Youth in Care Mentoring Field?
- 7:51 – How can you Become a Youth in Care Mentor?
- 9:00 – Where Should the Youth in Care Pilot Programs in Alberta go From Here?
- Become a Partner of the Alberta Mentoring Partnership: https://albertamentors.ca/partner
- AMP YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1jzKjk121I6JjmvwOpPQow
- Register now for the National Mentoring Symposium.: nmsevent.ca
- Visit Alberta Mentoring Partnership – https://albertamentors.ca
1) How to Subscribe (and leave us a review!)
2) How to listen at your computer:
Learn more at albertamentors.ca
Background Music: www.bensound.com