Welcome to the Alberta Mentoring Partnership Mentoring Minute Podcast. In today’s episode, we are joined by Liz O’Neill who, among other roles, is a Co-Chair of the Alberta Mentoring Partnership, and Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area. Many of our listeners know Liz and have likely crossed paths along the journey with her. But for those of you who are new executive directors, new in your role, or new to the mentoring movement, this interview will have many gems for you to consider and reflect on in your work. Congratulations on hitting the big “40” milestone with your agency, Liz!
We talk about many topics in today’s episode, including:
– The future of the mentoring movement in Alberta
– The importance of partnerships for mentoring programs
– Volunteerism, serving more youth and growing programs sustainably.
– Building shared purpose and cohesion among your board and staff team
– Fundraising, government relations, and the importance of treating funders as partners
– Celebrating your successes and telling your story
We love sharing the wisdom of fascinating people and inspirational stories! If there is a person or program that you would like profiled by the Alberta Mentoring Partnership, nominate them to us at email@example.com.
1) How to Subscribe (and leave us a review!)
2) How to listen at your computer:
Learn more at albertamentors.ca
Background Music: www.bensound.com