AMP is excited to share that a series of Lessons Plans designed to fit with Mental Health Matters are now available!
These lesson plans are designed for students in Grades 4-6 and students in Grade 8, and share how Mentoring positively impacts mental health.
Through the use of group activities and discussions, students will:
- Understand the term mentoring and examples of mentoring occurring in their school and community
- Understand how mentoring is a form of helping others by contributing time and self
- Assess how mentors act as important role models for mentees
- Investigate the benefits mentoring has on mental health and well-being
- Understand the term mentoring and examples of mentoring occurring in the community
- Use examples of people in their life or the media who are positive mentors to explore
- and identify the characteristics and roles of a mentor
- Identify the positive impact mentoring has on mental health and well-being
- Identify their own personal strengths, skills and knowledge related to mentoring for
- potential volunteering opportunities in the classroom or community
Visit http://albertamentoringpartnership.cirrusvps.ca/for-educators/mentoring-matters-lesson-plans/ to view and download the Mentoring Matters Lesson Plans.