This week the theme is START MENTORING! Last week you learned about how effective and impactful mentoring is across our lives. This week is focused on signing up as many new mentors as possible: Try our mentor nomination form and nominate a friend or co-worker?
First things first: we need your help in amplifying #mentoringmonth to your volunteers, staff, and mentors. Here is a template email that your CEO, ED, or Volunteer Manager could send to your organization:
(PLEASE COPY, PASTE, and MODIFY THIS EMAIL TEMPLATE)
During #mentoringmonth WEEK 2, START MENTORING WEEK we will be highlighting a number of resources:
- January 9th our resource of the day is our FEATURED PARTNERS INDEX
- January 10th learn about our free ONLINE MENTOR TRAINING
- January 11th is our ONLINE MENTEE TRAINING
- January 12th is our CORPORATE MENTORING TOOLKIT (how to convince an employer or 3rd party to support mentoring in your community)
- January 13th is our AMP PODCAST
- January 14th is our STRENGTHS BASED RESOURCES
Read the Mentoring Month Toolkit for a full overview plus all the details of our month-long campaign.
EVENTS THIS WEEK
Get ready for “I am a Mentor Day” (#ImaMentor #MentoringMonth) January 12th!
METRICS OF THE WEEK
Each week we will share with you our #MentoringMonth campaign metrics such as:
- Last week we had 281 Page views.
HOW CAN YOU HELP
Subscribe, friend and tweet out all of our content this month. This is our one big push for the year so let’s make it count! Help AMPlify our voice in your local community and through your social media!
Host your own local mentoring month event and tell us about it
Share your own stories with us on social media, sign up as a featured partner, or nominate 5 friends as Mentors!
If you would like to be listed as a Mentoring Champion, please email your photo and a quote to email@example.com
Follow the AMP:
MentoringMinute Podcast: https://albertamentors.ca/podcast