YEG Passport Rotary Club
Innovation & Mentorship Hub
Club members and invited experts are requested to introduce their vocations to students and youths in the community via one-to-one, webinars, podcasts or face-to-face.
This may take the form of one-to-one mentorship in various areas of endeavor e.g. Environment, Entrepreneurship, Website Development, Optometry, Engineering etc.
Plan is to expand the mentorship to cover much wider areas of interest via connections with established learning platforms and organizations e.g. Mentorship platforms (UofA-CEI, Alberta-Mentorship, CPA-Alberta, Mentoring-Canada, Startup-Edmonton etc.) and Online training platforms (EdX, Khan Academy, Udemy etc.)
1. RYLA & RYPEN
– Liaise with schools in the community to nominate 3 students each for annual Club sponsorship RYLA & RYPEN – 6 students
– Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a leadership development program organized locally by Rotary clubs and districts for participants ages 14-30 to learn new skills, build their confidence, and have fun
– Rotary Youth Programme Of Enrichment (RYPEN) is aimed at young people in the 15 –17 age group who are still at school and are not likely to be selected for RYLA, but who possess qualities of decency, persistence and application and who deserve further encouragement.
2. University of Alberta – Career Exploratory Interviews
3. Innovation and Mentorship Hub
4. APEGA Science Olympics
- One to one
- Group mentoring
- Cross-age Mentoring
- Children/Youth in Care
- Aboriginal Children/Youth