City of Grande Prairie – Crime Prevention Department
Since 2004, Grande Prairie Crime Prevention inspires individuals and communities to recognize, address and reduce crime. We have a variety of programs and initiatives to create a stronger, safer, healthier community.
We build stronger, safer neighbourhoods by:
- Encouraging neighbour to neighbour communication
- Encouraging ownership and responsibility for making changes
- Raising awareness of issues in the community
- Facilitating the implementation of community-driven solutions
The Cultural Integration Academy, an initiative of the Crime Prevention Department of the City of Grand Prairie, aims to provide immigrants with the education and mentorship they need to integrate into the community.
- Education on the Canadian System
- Family mentorship
- Volunteering opportunities
- Referral to other community agencies
- Peer mentoring