If you have any questions – feel free to contact us.
What – is the Online Mentee Training
The online training is a resource designed to introduce the concept of mentoring to children.
The on-line training for Mentees provides an overview of some of the core concepts of being a Mentee and what it means to be a Mentee. Concepts covered include:
- What is a Mentor? What is a Mentee?
- Getting to Know your Mentor
- Let’s Be Safe and have Good Boundaries
- My Strengths
- All About me
An adult mentor avatar guides children through the roles and characteristics of a mentor, examples of mentoring relationships, stages of a relationship, goal setting, match closure, child safety, boundaries, strengths, and a general description of mentoring programs. This tool is suitable for a variety of programs and organizations.
The tool highlights the importance of the mentee and mentor learning about each other. Children can build a story about themselves called ‘All About Me.’ This story includes information on the mentee’s favourite things, goals for the mentoring relationship, and personal strengths.
Helping mentees get the most out of mentoring
Why – the Online Mentee Training
AMP’s online mentee training offers easy-to-use, step-by- step training which improves the quality and outcomes of mentoring relationships by:
- providing mentees with an overall understanding of the mentoring process
- helping mentees understand the benefits of mentoring
- teaching mentees about their role in the mentoring relationship
- offering safety and boundary training
When – to use the Online Mentee Training
The online mentee training module is a great way to introduce mentees to the mentoring process at the beginning of their match.
It can also be used:
- as an introductory activity with mentors
- at a later stage in the mentoring process as a reminder
- of the mentoring process and the importance of goal setting, boundaries, and recognizing their personal strengths
- to re-introduce mentee training after breaks (for example, after the summer for school mentoring programs)
Where – to use the Online Mentee Training
Use it anywhere formal or informal mentoring relation- ships are being formed, including:
- group settings
- school settings
- one-on-one settings
Training takes about 45 minutes to complete
Who – is the Online Mentee Training for
Children participating in community and school- based mentoring relationships with youth or adult mentors
- Parents & guardians who can receive the same information as mentees to answer questions and provide further support
- Mentoring coordinators, agency staff and/ or teachers responsible for training participants and monitoring the mentoring relationship
Training should be facilitated by someone older (for example, a mentor, parent, or teacher).
An individual who is mentored.
A caring individual who provides a young person with support, advice, friendship, reinforcement and constructive role modelling over time.
- click Create a New Account
- fill-in all of the required fields – if your organization does not appear in the drop-down list, select Other Authorized Users or contact your organization representative
- click the link provided in the confirmatione-mail to complete your registration and access AMP’s training course list – click on Orientation for Mentees
Other Notes – For Organization Representatives
For large groups, you may send the first and last names of each participant to our contact form prior to your training session and an account will be created for each mentee.
- if your organization is not already included in the list of available organizations contact us and ask to be added to the list
- prompt your mentee groups to sign up under your organization name – you may then track each mentees progress by logging in under your admin account, entering the Orientation for Mentees course and clicking on the user report