Empowering Minds™ is a Calgary based charity that delivers teen empowerment programs to high schools and youth focused organizations.
Launched in 2006, Empowering Minds™ leadership programs have provided over 5,000 teens with world-class leadership experiences. In 2012, to support efforts to engage leaders in the community who are passionate about education, Empowering Minds™ became an independent, public charity.
Empowering Minds™ programs are currently offered to school boards across the province of Alberta and are active in classrooms Calgary wide and Pincher Creek.
Our mission is to provide teens with proven and innovative leadership programs that develop the confidence, motivation, and resilience necessary to thrive in today’s world.
Community education programs
Empowering Minds™ provides students and leaders the opportunity to:
- build stronger, healthier relationships
- greater self-awareness
- heightened enthusiasm for life and personal goals
- improved social and emotional intelligence
- and increase their public speaking confidence
- One to one
- Peer mentoring
- Group mentoring
- Cross-age Mentoring
- Aboriginal Children/Youth
- Children/Youth with a Disability